16 Apr We’re Hiring a Payroll and Office Administrator in Toronto
Hallmark Housekeeping Services Inc. is Canada’s premium janitorial service provider, leading the industry in sustainable and innovative solutions. Our focus is to service our customers by providing a consistent and superior level of cleaning services in an economical, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
The Payroll and Office Administrator will work closely with our Finance and Accounting team and will report directly to the Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate should have the below qualifications and skills:
- 2-5 years of Payroll processing experience including understanding of basic deductions, processing ROEs, T4s, Hiring and termination of employees etc.
- Strong Math and analytical skills. Ability to work with large data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience in data entry and invoice processing, an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work efficiently in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Team player attitude.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Familiarize and adapt to the Payroll processing software and Time & Attendance software in use, to process payroll for a large group of employees in a timely and accurate manner
- Process new hires, terminations and various changes on a continuous basis between payrolls
- Maintain and update employee files in a methodical manner
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive personal and payroll information
- Understand various union dues and benefits and make appropriate deductions from employee payroll. Reconcile and prepare remittances for such dues and benefits.
- Provide appropriate payroll data information as per internal requests
- Analyse and resolve payroll discrepancies and employee issues arising on that account of such discrepancies
- Follow proper protocol in terms of approvals from supervisors as well CRA regulations
- Be available to train and assist on other office and accounting functions including invoice entry, proofing invoices, A/R functions etc.
This is a time-sensitive job posting. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, April 20th, 2018